Definition of contemptuous in English:
Showing contempt; scornful: she was intolerant and contemptuous of the majority of the human race
More example sentences
- Has any country ever had a more arrogant, insolent, contemptuous leader than we have?
- The problem lies in a deeply disrespectful, even contemptuous, attitude towards women.
- They should be made to pay for their contemptuous and arrogant behaviour.
- Example sentences
- This apolitical predisposition to mock precisely the kinds of people who'll actually pay to watch this kind of film is the height of contemptuousness.
- Their contemptuousness colors the debate anyway, especially in the press.
- First, women should try to present their complaints in a calm way: Research shows that men are more likely to listen if their partners tone down hostility and avoid contemptuousness.
Words that rhyme with contemptuousincestuous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan