1.1Willing to accept something; satisfied: I was never contented with half measures
More example sentences
- If my observation serves me right, old folks are generally happy and contented with the way they spend their free time.
- I would be silly to think that my desk would remain this clean for very long, but at least for now, I know I'm contented with the past, and ready to tackle the future.
- Soon all the other children were happy and contented with their situations, but not Jox.
- Example sentences
- We are conscious too of where we stand on the scale of contentedness or satisfaction or fulfilment or plain happiness.
- In his polo-neck jumper and jeans there is a casual ease to him, however, a satisfied contentedness.
- Happiness is contentedness, whereas joy is about electricity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.