- A plan designed to take a possible future event or circumstance into account: contingency plans for dealing with oil spillsMore example sentences
- Earlier this month the department published an interim contingency plan designed to be used in the event of an animal health outbreak tomorrow.
- They didn't have a contingency plan for a major event.
- The key element of Business Continuity is the contingency plan, commonly known as a business continuity plan.
More definitions of contingency planDefinition of contingency plan in:
- The British & World English dictionary