- A fraction of infinite length whose denominator is a quantity plus a fraction, which latter fraction has a similar denominator, and so on.More example sentences
- However he also worked on differential equations, matrices and other topics in algebra, continued fractions, geometry and number theory.
- He made substantial contributions to the analytical theory of numbers and worked on elliptic functions, continued fractions, and infinite series.
- In the continued fraction of the square root of an integer the same denominators recur periodically.
More definitions of continued fractionDefinition of continued fraction in:
- The British & World English dictionary