- A bassoon that is larger and longer than the normal type and sounds an octave lower in pitch.More example sentences
- The tutti strangeness is that of an orchestra without violas and cellos, but in which double basses, contrabassoon and piccolos are prominent.
- The symphonic repertoire calls for the basic 2 oboes and cor anglais, just as it does two flutes and piccolo, two clarinets and bass clarinet, two bassoons and contrabassoon.
- Of other sizes, the commonest is the contrabassoon.
More definitions of contrabassoonDefinition of contrabassoon in:
- The British & World English dictionary