verb[with object] • archaic
- Distinguish between (two things) by contrasting them.More example sentences
- The privileges and immunities of citizens of the United States, as contradistinguished from citizens of a State, are chiefly defined in the first eight amendments to the Constitution of the United States.
- It is important to understand, however, that (for Plato at least) the rational part of the soul is not to be identified with what Hume called Reason and contradistinguished from the Passions.
- In his article he contradistinguishes Europe and the West, while ably tying in the Lithuanian case.
More definitions of contradistinguishDefinition of contradistinguish in:
- The British & World English dictionary