- Relating to or denoting the side of the body opposite to that on which a particular structure or condition occurs: the symptom develops in the hand contralateral to the lesionMore example sentences
- This seems to be of biological relevance because contralateral (opposite side of tumor) use did not significantly increase the risk.
- In our patient, the contralateral pedicular stress fracture first occurred in combination with unilateral spondylolysis.
- The surgeon exposes the femoral artery on the contralateral (ie, opposite) side in the same fashion.
More definitions of contralateralDefinition of contralateral in:
- The British & World English dictionary