Definition of contrariwise in English:
1In the opposite way or order.
- He dare not turn the wheel contrariwise.
1.1In contrast to something that has just been stated or mentioned: contrariwise, a registered person may vote, even if not entitled to be registered
More example sentences
- Paradoxically, he then offers a contrariwise view of what differentiates American and Continental strategy on achieving a worthy and just international order.
- Madeline, contrariwise, insisted on joining me in the search for food.
- The very best instructor for students may have no conception of the higher lines of work in his branch, and contrariwise, how many brilliant investigators have been wretched teachers?
Words that rhyme with contrariwisesidewise • likewise
Definition of contrariwise in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.