- (Of a photograph, movie, or television picture) showing a high degree of contrast.More example sentences
- His wonderfully contrasty pictures made us all aware of the noble, Roman solidity of some of the structures and the simple, honed elegance of their detailing.
- Beautiful fine-grain film easily gets too contrasty.
- The dark tones have all the opposite properties, being coarse, grainy, cold and contrasty.
More definitions of contrastyDefinition of contrasty in:
- The British & World English dictionary