Definition of contributor in English:
1A person or thing that contributes something, in particular.
- The region also has a long seafaring history and although other enterprises now prosper in Galicia, the fishing industry is a large employer and economic contributor.
- But at the same time, he says, many will resist the trend, claiming that catering to the market undercuts the academy's role as cultural contributor and watchdog.
- Thanks to the contributors, helpers, and residents for their cooperation, and assistance.
1.1A person who writes articles for a magazine or newspaper.
- She has written 12 books, each concerned with how we create meaning, and is a frequent contributor to newspapers, magazines, television and radio.
- She is the author of more than 30 novels, for adults, young adults and children, and is a regular contributor to newspapers and magazines, both print and online, all over the world.
- A farmer by choice, Kevin has also written a number of books and essays and is a regular contributor to newspapers and magazines in Northern Ireland.
1.2A person who donates money to a cause.
- It will likely cost more than any previous war, with few contributors.
- Many thanks to all contributors for their support.
- These proposals have more to do with rewarding campaign contributors and lobbying patrons than with economic stimulus.
1.3A causal factor in the existence or occurrence of something: stress is a major contributor to most diseases
More example sentences
- Social factors are potent contributors to ill health.
- Those social and demographic factors may be key contributors to potential crises in the future.
- In addition, the book does not put much emphasis on ethnicity and culture as major contributors to disease.
Words that rhyme with contributordistributor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.