- A character that does not represent a printable character but serves to initiate a particular action.More example sentences
- Unicode, like ASCII, assigns a unique number to each letter, number, symbol and control character.
- You may also run across hand-edited neutral data files that are missing large sections, contain control characters, and so on.
- They were used for control characters, like 7 which made your computer beep and 12 which caused the current page of paper to go flying out of the printer and a new one to be fed in.
More definitions of control characterDefinition of control character in:
- The British & World English dictionary