1An arithmetical multiplier for converting a quantity expressed in one set of units into an equivalent expressed in another.
- What is the equivalent speed in mph using the conversion factor of 1.6093 km per mile?
- The credit conversion factor will be 100 per cent.
- The height of a pile of corn 60.8 feet in diameter can be estimated by multiplying the diameter by the height conversion factor from Table 1.
2 Economics The manufacturing cost of a product relative to the cost of raw materials.
- We've got to optimize the conversion factor from design to the final product.
- Conversion factors can be calculated and used when testing the economic viability of a project.
- If the same conversion factor is still applied but the time unit interval is reduced (e.g., to 12 minutes), then the group can increase both billings and revenue for all cases.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: con·ver·sion fac·tor
Definition of conversion factor in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.