Definition of convulsive in English:
Producing or consisting of convulsions: a convulsive disease she gave a convulsive sob
More example sentences
- And so complete was the bodily shut-down, with rapid eye movement and convulsive twitching, that a fierce pinch of the skin or a prick with a needle did nothing to wake her.
- Everything is fluid and in the throes of convulsive movement; yet, like the struts on the vase, stout pillars anchor and arrest the flow.
- A female patient complains of dramatic mood swings, paralysis on one side of her body, hallucinations, convulsive seizures, and religious delusions.
- Example sentences
- When Anne left, I'd wake up in the morning, and my eyes would just immediately fill up with tears, and I would start convulsively crying.
- My hands convulsively clenched, my teeth clamped together, my nostrils flared, my lips curled, and a red mist descended in front of my eyes.
- My scream flew up, bounced off my palate, and was swallowed convulsively, never quite managing to escape.