Definition of coolibah in English:
A northern Australian gum tree that typically grows near watercourses and yields strong, hard timber.
- Eucalyptus microtheca, family Myrtaceae
- And here, in 1875, after floods had forced them to spend days perched in an old coolibah, Frank and his sons had taken up a cattle and horse-breeding station.
- The Dig Tree is a gnarled coolibah that stands in the burnt heart of the outback, beside the warm, green water of Cooper's Creek.
- A message was carved into the bark of a coolibah tree.
Late 19th century: from Kamilaroi (and related languages) gulubaa.
Words that rhyme with coolibahmillibar • minibar
Definition of coolibah in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan