- Avoid doing something that one ought to do: he copped out at the last momentMore example sentences
- Ultimately, the plot cops out and an easy solution is pasted on to avoid confusion.
- Rather than face criticism, Fisk cops out by vilifying his critics as ‘haters’ who indulge in right-wing demagoguery.
- And, without giving anything away, Lucas totally cops out of the one truly disturbing moment the movie could have had.
More definitions of cop outDefinition of cop out in:
- The British & World English dictionary