- The top, typically sloping, course of a brick or stone wall.More example sentences
- The diagrams demonstrate the great variety and uses for stone wall copings.
- The programme involves essential repairs to the roof, gutters, stone copings, internal plasterwork, rewiring, redecoration and upgrading of the central heating system.
- The original wall was built of beige coloured brick with blue header copings.
mid 16th century: from the verb cope2, originally meaning 'dress in a cope', hence 'to cover'.
More definitions of copingDefinition of coping in:
- The British & World English dictionary