Definition of coplanar in English:
In the same plane.
- Unfortunately, the researchers were unaware of a more overriding and crucial restriction - that the chemical groups on either side of the peptide bond were very likely to be coplanar.
- Because the sole and heel plates are flat, coplanar blades can only be used on coplanar boots, and vice-versa.
- The initial solar array deployment was completed quickly and the vehicle began to move the solar panels into the position where they are all coplanar so we could point them at the Sun.
- Example sentences
- Quantum mechanical calculations suggest that internal rotation, which distorts the coplanarity of both rings of the molecule, increases the nonradiative decay rate of the excited chromophore.
- The desired condition is called coplanarity.
Definition of coplanar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan