- A blue crystalline solid used in electroplating and as a fungicide.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CuSO4.5H2O
- The earthworms reacted differently to different chemicals, avoiding soil with the sulphuric acid and copper sulphate with no reaction to potassium nitrate.
- When organic farmers do use one of the chemicals they are allowed to use, such as sulphuric acid or copper sulphate, they do so on a pretty substantial scale, to the serious detriment of neighbouring wildlife.
- Apart from the blue crystals of copper sulphate that would appear to spray the potatoes against blight, chemicals belonged to another world.
More definitions of copper sulfateDefinition of copper sulfate in:
- The British & World English dictionary