Definition of copperhead in English:
Any of a number of stout-bodied venomous snakes with coppery-pink or reddish-brown coloration, in particular.
- ● A North American pit viper (Agkistrodon contortrix, family Viperidae). Also called highland moccasin ● An Australian snake of the cobra family (genus Austrelaps, family Elapidae, in particular A. superbus).
- Dogs bitten by any of Texas' dangerous snakes, including rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, copperheads and coral snakes, often suffer unnecessarily.
- The copperhead, a venomous snake, is dangerous, but its bite is rarely life-threatening to healthy adult humans.
- In the United States, about 8,000 people a year are bitten by rattlers or their cousins in the pit viper subfamily, which includes copperheads and water moccasins.
Definition of copperhead in:
- British & World English dictionary