Definition of copperhead in English:
Any of a number of stout-bodied venomous snakes with coppery-pink or reddish-brown coloration, in particular.
- ● A North American pit viper (Agkistrodon contortrix, family Viperidae). Also called highland moccasin ● An Australian snake of the cobra family (genus Austrelaps, family Elapidae, in particular A. superbus).
- Dogs bitten by any of Texas' dangerous snakes, including rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, copperheads and coral snakes, often suffer unnecessarily.
- The copperhead, a venomous snake, is dangerous, but its bite is rarely life-threatening to healthy adult humans.
- In the United States, about 8,000 people a year are bitten by rattlers or their cousins in the pit viper subfamily, which includes copperheads and water moccasins.
Definition of copperhead in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan