- 1 (also copy holder) A clasp or stand for holding sheets of text while it is keyed or typed.More example sentences
- Also features an in-line copyholder so you can position documents for easy, comfortable viewing.
- Save space on your desk by securely suspending this copyholder from your partition or the edge of your desk.
- The new sturdy plastic, multi-use computer copyholder is also a portable clipboard.
- 2British • historical A person who holds land in copyhold.More example sentences
- Tenants of farms and copyholders were evicted by business-minded landlords.
- By the later 19th century historians writing of England from a European perspective often saw peasants as small freeholders, copyholders, and even farmers.
- By the 13th century the pattern was beginning to unravel as more and more villeins obtained their freedom and became copyholders.
More definitions of copyholderDefinition of copyholder in:
- The British & World English dictionary