Definition of copyleft in English:
An arrangement whereby software or artistic work may be used, modified, and distributed freely on condition that anything derived from it is bound by the same condition.
- We should have said copyleft free software, not shareware.
- Draft 2 was an improvement on the first draft but still appeared to copyleft all free software.
- This strategy is essentially the route taken by the Free Software Foundation and copyleft.
1980s: on the pattern of copyright.
- Example sentences
- Once copylefted, the source code is forever available to the public.
- Complementary services and improvements or modifications of the work itself can be sold but the copylefted content will not be subtracted from the conservancy in which it was placed and raised.
- All this exposure to copylefted code was taking its toll on us.
Definition of copyleft in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan