- A casserole of chicken pieces cooked in red wine.More example sentences
- At block parties we dined on coq au vin, wild mushroom ragout, and home-baked sourdough bread.
- Chef Jean Joho draws on his background in French casual food for a menu that includes coq au vin and cassoulet.
- It's a chicken stew that can stand on its own alongside other stewed chicken dishes, coq au vin and chicken cacciatore.
mid 20th century: French, literally 'cock in wine'.
More definitions of coq au vinDefinition of coq au vin in:
- The British & World English dictionary