Definition of cor in English:
Expressing surprise, excitement, admiration, or alarm: “Cor! That’s a beautiful black eye you’ve got!”
More example sentences
- Miraculously, the semi-detached house next door, where pensioners Ron and Phyllis Allain < cor > were getting ready for bed, remained virtually untouched, save for one cracked window pane.
- Early on Saturday morning, the popular function rooms in the Southend park were nearly destroyed, leaving proprietors Tracey < cor > and Chris Harris clutching thousands of pounds of deposit money.
- At this stage being ahead doesn't mean winning the game: it means, cor - we've gone ahead vs Argentina: we might not lose - in fact, you never know what could happen.
1930s: alteration of God.
- /ˌkôr ˈblīmē/ see blimey.
Definition of cor in:
- British & World English dictionary