Definition of coral fungus in English:
A widely distributed fungus that produces a fruiting body composed of upright branching fingerlike projections that resemble coral, found in both Eurasia and North America.
- Clavulina, Ramaria, and other genera, several families, class Basidiomycetes
- This ghostly white specimen is Clavaria fragilis, a coral fungus - so named for its resemblance to the skeletons of undersea creatures.
- The delicate, fragile nature of the coral fungus is the easiest way to distinguish it from a jelly fungus.
- Some of them used to be collected and consumed in the past: cauliflower fungus, toothed coral fungus and morels.
Definition of coral fungus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan