- A ridge of rock in the sea formed by the growth and deposit of coral: the small island is enclosed in the middle of the coral reefMore example sentences
- The 1,000 - acre island has three miles of white sandy beaches surrounded by coral reefs and turquoise waters.
- Offshore drilling would damage coral reefs and mangrove swamps and threaten endangered sea life.
- When properly protected, coral reefs can apparently recover quite quickly.
More definitions of coral reefDefinition of coral reef in:
- The British & World English dictionary