Definition of coralberry in English:
noun (plural coralberries)
An evergreen North American shrub of the honeysuckle family, which has fragrant white flowers followed by deep red berries.
- Symphoricarpos orbiculatus, family Caprifoliaceae
- In the northeastern foothills, on relatively dry slopes, bur oak dominates above an understory of hop hornbeam, smooth sumac, coralberry, and poison ivy.
- I sat down on the step, and I could see them, cleverly hidden among the shadows and the coralberry.
- At first glance, you might think the ghostly white snowberries and the coralberries have nothing in common.
Definition of coralberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.