- 1Of the highest class: a cordon bleu chefMore example sentences
- When you're a cordon bleu chef and you need fresh lavender, you grow it yourself instead of buying it in the farmers' market, because sometimes they don't have fresh lavender or they have old lavender which they pass off as fresh.
- This book is definitely not for the cordon bleu chef.
- You don't hire a cordon bleu chef to run a sandwich bar!
- 1.1Denoting a dish consisting of an escalope of veal or chicken rolled, filled with cheese and ham, and then fried in breadcrumbs.More example sentences
- They include crab cakes, Reuben tarts, vegetable spring rolls, shrimp quiches, and smoked chicken cordon bleu appetizers, all of which can be cooked at the same time.
- During lunch hours, an economic alternative to ribs is the NT $250 set menu offering soup, a choice of bacon mashed potato balls, seafood penne, chicken cordon bleu or a rib quesadilla with coffee or tea.
- The burger choices include mushroom, schnitzel, onion, chicken cordon bleu, Sicilian (with basil sauce), veggie, and roasted pepper.
nounBack to top
mid 18th century (as a noun, often specifically denoting a first-class cook): French, literally 'blue ribbon'. The blue ribbon once signified the highest order of chivalry in the reign of the Bourbon kings.
More definitions of cordon bleuDefinition of cordon bleu in:
- The British & World English dictionary