1A defining capability or advantage that distinguishes an enterprise from its competitors.
- The dual vision of better, more stable markets and the desire to have a core competency advantage reflected in its products keeps the company focused on making the needed remodelings.
- It is Toyota's underlying marketing/design, engineering and manufacturing approach that is the source of its enormous competitive advantage and the core competency that has allowed it to steadily grow worldwide market share.
- Managers know that building a talent pool is as much a core competency as is creating strategic advantage or championing change.
1.1A defined level of competence in a particular job or academic program.
- He measured the relationship of self-assessed core competency levels and self-assessed service performance, defined as frequency of performance of public health job tasks, at a US metropolitan health department.
- MPI is currently developing a program that will define core competencies necessary for meeting professionals to move from one level to the next.
- This common level of proficiency would define the core competencies of the CA at entry to the profession.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.