1A defining capability or advantage that distinguishes an enterprise from its competitors.
- The dual vision of better, more stable markets and the desire to have a core competency advantage reflected in its products keeps the company focused on making the needed remodelings.
- It is Toyota's underlying marketing/design, engineering and manufacturing approach that is the source of its enormous competitive advantage and the core competency that has allowed it to steadily grow worldwide market share.
- Managers know that building a talent pool is as much a core competency as is creating strategic advantage or championing change.
1.1A defined level of competence in a particular job or academic program.
- He measured the relationship of self-assessed core competency levels and self-assessed service performance, defined as frequency of performance of public health job tasks, at a US metropolitan health department.
- MPI is currently developing a program that will define core competencies necessary for meeting professionals to move from one level to the next.
- This common level of proficiency would define the core competencies of the CA at entry to the profession.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: core com·pe·ten·cy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.