- A dump of the contents of main memory, carried out typically as an aid to debugging.More example sentences
- As a result, the same memory area is used for two different purposes, which causes unexpected values that may lead to a program core dump if the memory area contains pointer values or offsets.
- When you write programs in user space, the worst thing that can happen to your program is a core dump.
- The research in question illustrates how a large hard-disk could be scanned quite quickly to search out a private key that may lie in it (e.g., a swap partition, a core dump, etc.).
More definitions of core dumpDefinition of core dump in:
- The British & World English dictionary