A white Australasian cockatoo with some pink feathers on the face, bare blue skin around the eye, and typically a long bill.
- Genus Cacatua, family Cacatuidae (or Psittacidae): three species, in particular the widespread little corella (C. sanguinea)
More example sentences
- At this particular waterhole we've got a lot of galahs and corellas around and storms like this kick into life the ecosystems out here.
- But I thought western corellas would be easy, and western wattlebirds are classified as common.
- Overhead, meanwhile, a wedge-tailed eagle hovers on the breeze and a posse of corellas flee in a flurry from tree to tree, their bar-room squawk amplified by the walls of the Gorge.
late 19th century: from Wiradhuri.
More definitions of corellaDefinition of corella in:
- The British & World English dictionary