Definition of corkwood in English:
A shrub or tree that yields light porous timber, in particular.
- ● A small American tree that produces timber used for fishing floats (Leitneria floridana, family Leitneriaceae). ● A similar tree native to New Zealand (Entelea arborescens, family Tiliaceae).
- The real problems are the corkwoods and the ironwoods.
- Two of my favourite indigenous trees for bonsai are the white stinkwood and the red stemmed corkwood or paperbark.
- At 30 points it is just 5 points bigger than the smallest champions on the Register - the northern bayberry and corkwood.
Definition of corkwood in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan