- 1Fed on corn: corn-fed chickensMore example sentences
- Cannelloni a la infanta followed, a tasty pasta appetiser, and then came braised corn-fed chicken breast filled with aubergine, sobrasada and honey.
- My wife's lemon and thyme marinated corn-fed chicken breast was succulent and fresh, and accompanied by roast potatoes cooked in herbs and a roast pepper relish.
- The corn-fed spring chicken with boulangère potatoes and thyme gravy was a double treat, with the breast confit and the leg roasted.
- 1.1US • informal Plump; well fed.More example sentences
- Middle-class, first-time parents will man the patrols with a three-wheel Bugaboo pushchair carrying their corn-fed, mop-topped urchins.
- I don't think so, there is something corn-fed about those flawless complexions.
- And why do I have to have a cockpit the size of the Great Court at the British Library just because a fat slob in Ohio can't get a seatbelt round his corn-fed gut?
- 1.2US • informal Provincial; unsophisticated: a backward, corn-fed Heartland cityMore example sentences
- To the big-city lesbian who comes for a visit with friends and finds a John Deere tractor parked in the airport terminal, Sioux City is corn-fed country.
- I know Ledger is Australian, but the two come across like a pair of corn-fed Midwestern American football players.
- He is also this tall, skinny guy with blonde spikes and blue eyes, so he really just looks Californian, where he was born, but he talks like a corn-fed kid from a farm with Dorothy and Toto.
More definitions of corn-fedDefinition of corn-fed in:
- The British & World English dictionary