- A small blue-flowered herbaceous plant of dry soils, native to Europe and the Mediterranean. Widely cultivated in North America, its narrow leaves are used in salad. Also called lamb's lettuce, mache.
More example sentences
- Valerianella locusta, family Valerianaceae
- Place a 2-inch tall ring mold around the cake; fill with a portion of corn salad and place two wax beans over the corn salad.
- Toss the corn salad with fresh lime juice, and garnish it with radish slices.
- Until recently, mache - also known as lamb's lettuce or corn salad and a longtime staple in France - could be found here mainly in tony restaurants and upscale markets.
More definitions of corn saladDefinition of corn salad in:
- The British & World English dictionary