(also corn bread)
- A type of bread made from cornmeal and typically leavened without yeast.More example sentences
- Any type of bread is great on your feeder tray or tossed on the ground - stale biscuits and bread, crusts, crackers, cornbread, pancakes, bagels, French toast - even doughnuts.
- But whenever one of these classic New Orleans meals came with cornbread, it was the same sweet, yellow stuff I've always known: Northern-style.
- Better to order the soulful steamed littleneck clams in a broth livened by chorizo sausage, with a clever hunk of grilled cornbread to sop up the juices.
More definitions of cornbreadDefinition of cornbread in:
- The British & World English dictionary