- The transparent layer forming the front of the eye.More example sentences
- The limbus is the thin area that connects the cornea and the sclera, the white part of the eye.
- Organs currently in demand for transplantation include the heart, kidneys, liver, lungs, intestines, and pancreas; tissues include corneas, heart valves, blood vessels, skin, and bone.
- Corneal transplants are performed for people who have damaged or opaque corneas (the outer layer of the eye).
- More example sentences
- Unlike eyelid or conjunctival involvement, corneal involvement can result in significant vision loss.
- It is important to identify and remove conjunctival and corneal foreign bodies.
- In the pipeline are many other applications, including vascular, pancreatic, and corneal repair.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin cornea tela 'horny tissue', from Latin cornu 'horn'.
More definitions of corneaDefinition of cornea in:
- The British & World English dictionary