(also corn beef)
- North American Beef brisket cured in brine and boiled, served hot typically with cabbage, or cold, sliced for sandwiches.More example sentences
- I'd been in the middle of preparing one of our favourite meals: cauliflower cheese garnished with crispy bacon, served with sliced cold corned beef and good quality boiled potatoes.
- Zone in on those oversized sandwiches built with hot corned beef or pastrami served on soft, sturdy, seedless rye.
- This unctuous purée is good served with barbecued lamb cutlets and a green salad, or with cold corned beef or ham.
corned, in the sense 'preserved in salt water'.
More definitions of corned beefDefinition of corned beef in:
- The British & World English dictionary