Definition of cornelian cherry in English:
1A Eurasian flowering shrub or small tree of the dogwood family, cultivated as an ornamental.
- Cornus mas, family Cornaceae
- They include the Barbados cherry, cornelian cherry (a dogwood), ground or winter cherry, and Surinam cherry.
- You'll notice indicators of this season, such as the blooming of cornelian cherry and sugar maple.
- Don't be discouraged if your cornelian cherry flowers without fruiting for a few years.
1.1The edible oval red berry of the cornelian cherry plant.
- We make fig syrup and preserves; we use pomegranates, figs, wild cornelian cherries, blackberries, and raspberries.
- Aunt told me how to make plum jam with cornelian cherry while visiting a little village bazaar at Yalova.
- Try our real wild strawberry preserves, frozen fruits, cornelian cherries, juices and concentrates, wild mushrooms, raspberries, blueberries, seed oils and butters, and a whole lot more.
Definition of cornelian cherry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia