A low-ranking noncommissioned officer in the armed forces, in particular (in the US Army) an NCO ranking above private first class and below sergeant or (in the US Marine Corps) an NCO ranking above lance corporal and below sergeant.
- The Americans - three corporals and one private first class - were from the 4th Ranger Company and had volunteered for a classified mission.
- Maybe he can sell it to generals, but not many privates, corporals and second lieutenants.
- He then would assign to his men the ranks of sergeant, corporal, private and so on.
Words that rhyme with corporaltesseral • visceral
Of or relating to the human body.
- Many encumbrances that our bodies endure, including detrimental ones like viruses, have an unwelcome and deeply altering effect on our already flimsy corporal authority.
- Two skilled therapists subject me to an extreme form of corporal reward known as the Harmony Banyan Massage.
- This fact confirms directly the concept of higher responsiveness of brain regions to acupuncture of auricular versus corporal points.
- Example sentences
- The researchers began by interviewing mothers of the 5-year-old twins to gauge whether children had been punished corporally, through spanking or slapping.
- Someone is going to get burned financially, legally, or worst of all corporally if they continue to operate under ignorant supposition.
- When they ‘do not perform’, they are corporally punished and sometimes denied meals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.