- 1Physical punishment, such as caning or flogging.More example sentences
- Opponents of corporal punishment argue that frequent physical punishment interferes with the teaching of nonviolent modes of conflict resolution.
- One of the most common allegations relates to physical abuse and excessive corporal punishment.
- Similarly, unlike many of their continental European neighbours, the English clung to corporal punishment as a penal sanction until well into the twentieth century.
More definitions of corporal punishmentDefinition of corporal punishment in:
- The British & World English dictionary