Definition of corporate in English:
1Of or relating to a corporation, especially a large company or group: airlines are very keen on their corporate identity
More example sentences
- The previous year, the three men hired a corporate finance house to find a buyer for the company.
- Using debt to finance a corporate takeover is precisely the same as taking out a mortgage.
- It is understood that almost all major corporate finance houses have expressed an interest.
1.1 Law (Of a company or group of people) authorized to act as a single entity and recognized as such in law.
- It was irrelevant in this respect whether the patentee and licensee belonged to the same corporate group.
- The law on large exposures addresses the risks incurred by banks because they are exposed to the one customer or corporate group.
- Counsel for the defendants is content to have the two corporate entities treated as one and the same.
nounBack to top
A corporate company or group.
- The rating assesses the average risk of payment default of corporates in the country.
- Most people are not remotely aware of these felony convictions of these big corporates.
- We do not need the New Zealand taxpayer paying for the negligence of overseas corporates.
- Example sentences
- High Rise tells the story of a newly opened, fully self-contained, 40 story apartment block built on the outskirts of London, corporately owned and administered by the residents.
- Seattle-based Boeing is coming north of the border corporately for the first time tomorrow with a marketing presentation to airlines, airports, politicians and businessmen on the benefits of the Dreamliner.
- But the problem is that media is also corporately owned and, therefore, probably limited in its ability to be ‘objective’ in these matters.
Late 15th century: from Latin corporatus, past participle of corporare 'form into a body', from corpus, corpor- 'body'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.