Definition of corporate in English:
1Of or relating to a corporation, especially a large company or group: airlines are very keen on their corporate identity
More example sentences
- The previous year, the three men hired a corporate finance house to find a buyer for the company.
- Using debt to finance a corporate takeover is precisely the same as taking out a mortgage.
- It is understood that almost all major corporate finance houses have expressed an interest.
1.1 Law (Of a company or group of people) authorized to act as a single entity and recognized as such in law.
- It was irrelevant in this respect whether the patentee and licensee belonged to the same corporate group.
- The law on large exposures addresses the risks incurred by banks because they are exposed to the one customer or corporate group.
- Counsel for the defendants is content to have the two corporate entities treated as one and the same.
nounBack to top
A corporate company or group.
- The rating assesses the average risk of payment default of corporates in the country.
- Most people are not remotely aware of these felony convictions of these big corporates.
- We do not need the New Zealand taxpayer paying for the negligence of overseas corporates.
late 15th century: from Latin corporatus, past participle of corporare 'form into a body', from corpus, corpor- 'body'.
- Example sentences
- High Rise tells the story of a newly opened, fully self-contained, 40 story apartment block built on the outskirts of London, corporately owned and administered by the residents.
- Seattle-based Boeing is coming north of the border corporately for the first time tomorrow with a marketing presentation to airlines, airports, politicians and businessmen on the benefits of the Dreamliner.
- But the problem is that media is also corporately owned and, therefore, probably limited in its ability to be ‘objective’ in these matters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan