- What becomes of your spirit while your corporeal remains decay?
- In this way More sought to demonstrate that the idea of incorporeal substance, or spirit, was as intelligible as that of corporeal substance, i.e. body.
- Sargon seems intent on regaining a corporeal body, but is satisfied living as a spirit at the end of the episode.
- It says that human beings are made by God as corporeal or bodily beings.
- All beings in nature, corporeal or spiritual, are made up of combinations and rhythms of the Elements.
- The proper law governing the transfer of corporeal movable property is the lex situs.
- Having defined hereditaments as inheritable interests, the common law went on to distinguish between corporeal and incorporeal hereditaments.
- Property includes the rights in and to any movable property, immovable property, corporeal and incorporeal property.
- Example sentences
- Furthermore, based in our own sense of embodiment and observation of other bodies, our corporeality defines the starting point and ultimate limit of human perception.
- Barbieri and his contemporaries planted the tender beginnings of celebrating the corporeality of the human form; more than three centuries later, this notion has exploded.
- There are tricks you can learn: bringing in death, murder, and corporeality are all probably taught at any good journalism college.
- Example sentences
- While Larry is the only character who appears corporeally in this play, the audience is introduced to other personalities that feature in Sorry I'm Out But I Can Be Booked through Larry's interaction with them.
- Even Kiki, who looms corporeally large in these pages - she weighs in at 250 lb and her obesity is a frequent topic - seems fairly substanceless when it comes to psychological and emotional believability.
- Mr Smith was told to drive to another branch, where they had them corporeally in stock.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'material'): from late Latin corporealis, from Latin corporeus 'bodily, physical', from corpus, corpor- 'body'.
Words that rhyme with corporealaccessorial, accusatorial, advertorial, ambassadorial, arboreal, armorial, auditorial, authorial, boreal, censorial, combinatorial, consistorial, conspiratorial, curatorial, dictatorial, directorial, editorial, equatorial, executorial, gladiatorial, gubernatorial, immemorial, imperatorial, janitorial, lavatorial, manorial, marmoreal, memorial, monitorial, natatorial, oratorial, oriel, pictorial, piscatorial, prefectorial, professorial, proprietorial, rectorial, reportorial, sartorial, scriptorial, sectorial, senatorial, territorial, tonsorial, tutorial, uxorial, vectorial, visitorial
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.