noun (plural corpora striata /strīˈātə/)Anatomy
- Part of the basal ganglia of the brain, comprising the caudate and lentiform nuclei.More example sentences
- Atrophy is most marked in the corpus striatum of the basal ganglia, including the caudate and putamen.
- Another mass of grey matter behind the corpus striatum is the thalamus, which lies in the walls of the third ventricle.
- These are important striate branches of the middle cerebral artery, destined for the corpus striatum, internal capsule and associated structures.
from corpus and Latin striatum, neuter of striatus 'grooved'.
More definitions of corpus striatumDefinition of corpus striatum in:
- The British & World English dictionary