adjectivechiefly North American
- Of or relating to the punishment of criminals in a way intended to rectify their behavior: a correctional institutionMore example sentences
- The prison's chief correctional supervisor and its warden had written separate memos within four days of the murder.
- It runs 56 correctional institutions and detention centres, including four Australian gaols.
- In prison, correctional staff members do not normally negotiate with inmates to get them to cooperate.
More definitions of correctionalDefinition of correctional in:
- The British & World English dictionary