- About 60 percent of chicken genes correspond to a similar human gene.
- The land areas and rivers named before the Flood do not correspond to similarly named features after the Flood.
- The findings correspond to similar results in studies performed on older children and adults.
- An analog feedback signal, corresponding to the digital reference signal, is recovered from the tunable optical device.
- And what is more, even he concedes that I am right to say that none of the vocabularies record a term corresponding to the English word for land.
- The Russian language had no word exactly corresponding to the English ‘privacy’, but at this time the concept of privacy was certainly in people's minds.
- During that time, Mary made many friends around the Cloonfad region and corresponded with them by letter and card at Christmas time.
- Bonny corresponded with me and communicated with me over the telephone.
- Since 1987 we have corresponded with letters and tapes - now replaced by email and CDs.
Late Middle English: from Old French correspondre, from medieval Latin correspondere, from cor- 'together' + Latin respondere (see respond).
Words that rhyme with correspondabscond, beau monde, beyond, blonde, bond, demi-monde, despond, fond, frond, Gironde, haut monde, pond, respond, ronde, second, wand
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.