noun (plural corries)
- A cirque, especially one in the mountains of Scotland.More example sentences
- The features typically have their heads in corries in which there may be a small glacier, but this is not always seen.
- Beyond the footbridge the narrow confines of the pass begin to widen out and one of Scotland's finest corries displays itself on the left.
- We shared the mountain only with a couple of wandering botanists who eschewed the top to search for a rare flora in the mountain corrie.
mid 16th century: from Scottish Gaelic and Irish coire 'cauldron, hollow'.
More definitions of corrieDefinition of corrie in:
- The British & World English dictionary