- A hormone secreted by the adrenal cortex, one of the glucocorticoids.More example sentences
- Note from the text of the full paper that stress causes the release of the hormone corticosterone which lowers latent inhibition.
- Upon stimulation, the rats suddenly released the stress hormone corticosterone, very like the cortisol humans release under stress.
- Working with mountain chickadees caught in California, he has inserted implants that release corticosterone, a hormone associated with stress.
More definitions of corticosteroneDefinition of corticosterone in:
- The British & World English dictionary