(also cos lettuce)
Another term for romaine.
- Dill pickles, a bit of cos lettuce, slithers of Parmesan - that's all you need.
- Tear basil, mint, coriander, parsley and cos and place in a large salad or mixing bowl.
- The cold entrées were Smoked Chicken Caesar Salad, with cos lettuce and croutons dressed with shaved Parmesan cheese, and Avocado, Pancetta and Stilton Salad on a bed of mixed leaves with baby spinach.
Late 17th century: named after the Aegean island of Cos, where it originated.
Words that rhyme with cosacross, boss, Bros, cross, crosse, doss, dross, emboss, en brosse, floss, fosse, gloss, Goss, joss, Kos, lacrosse, loss, moss, MS-DOS, Ross • because, Boz, Oz, Ros, Roz, schnozz, was
Because. See also coz1, cuz1. I got quite upset, cos I’d worked so hard
More example sentences
- I'm not sure why I've never called her by name coz it's not like she'd mind.
- It's such a shame coz everything else I'm wearing is actually quite nice.
- Take a look now, coz I'll probably have given it up by the end of the week.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.