- Relating to points on the earth’s surface affected by an earthquake simultaneously.More example sentences
- The purpose of the coseismal curves based upon these records is in general two - fold.
- Several of Bull's research sites are within Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks since they are close enough to the San Andreas Fault for coseismal rock falls.
- The field oscillation measurements allow to discover coseismal, near seismic and pre-seismic electromagnetism.
nounBack to top
- A line on a map connecting coseismal points.More example sentences
- The rupture has declared itself in an unmistakable rift observable at the surface, and coseismals are therefore unnecessary for the determination if this important factor.
mid 19th century: from co- 'jointly' + seismal (from Greek seismos 'earthquake', from seien 'to shake').
More definitions of coseismalDefinition of coseismal in:
- The British & World English dictionary