Definition of costal in English:
1Of or relating to the ribs.
- Mori has reported the vertebral, costal, and scapular origins as follows.
- The rectus abdominis muscle inserts at the fifth through seventh costal cartilage, and it helps flex the vertebral column and provide support for the torso.
- He had subsequent radical excision of the recurrent nodule, including surrounding abdominal wall, costal cartilages, and ribs.
1.1 Anatomy & Zoology Of or relating to a costa.
- The neural and costal plates of the dorsal disk form as the outgrowths of these endoskeletal bones.
- In awake dogs, Easton and coworkers observed significant postinspiratory inspiratory activity in the crural diaphragm and external intercostals, but little or no such activity in the parasternal intercostals and costal diaphragm.
- We investigated the in situ properties of the mitochondria of costal diaphragm and external intercostal muscles using the skinned fiber technique in 9 emphysematous and 11 age-matched control patients.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan