Having the same boundaries or extent in space, time, or meaning: the southern frontier was coterminous with the French Congo colony
More example sentences
- This influence is not coterminous with national territorial boundaries, however.
- This process is to a large extent coterminous with bodily decomposition, which is the obverse of gestation.
- It only emerges when sovereignty is not coterminous with the boundaries of the major political units which constitute the system.
- Example sentences
- Now that consumer demand is tailing off, as people find they are obliged finally to repay their bills and cover their costs, there has coterminously been a surge in home repossessions.
- In Britain, for example, the number of policemen sharply rose during the Eighties, and crime rose coterminously.
- Unless something extraordinary was to be done, he will be asking for a stay that will go almost coterminously with the trial protocol.
Late 18th century: alteration of conterminous.
Words that rhyme with coterminousconterminous, terminus, verminous
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of coterminous in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.